Friday, September 2, 2011

Explosions in the sky, Milgram experiment, psychopathic traits and real life RPG

I have been pretty busy this week but I managed to read a few interesting articles. The first interesting article is about the Milgram Experiment arguing that the participants were not blindly obeying orders but identifying with a leader and a cause.If you don't know what the Milgram Experiment is you can read about it here.  I wanted to write an article about it but I guess there are too many articles on the internet on this subject. Another interesting article is from Cracked  although I don't agree with the 3rd fact. Actually, older people are not better at solving problems, unless they have been solving those types of problems their entire life. The point I'm trying to make here is that fluid intelligence is not better than in young people, however crystalized intelligence (the one accessed from long term memory) might work better. But anyway, this is a good article and it's definitely worth reading.

I also read this article which argues that psychopathic traits are linked to the brain's reward system and I also found out that suicide methods depend on the person's sex.
Another cool website I found helps you calculate when you should go to sleep in order to wake up without feeling tired.  I also found a real life RPG that motivates you to do things in real life. You get points and coins for the things you do. Pretty cool!

If you want to vent or listen to somebody you can check out this site. Also, a very fun site is What The Fuck Should I Make For Dinner for those of you who don't know what you should make for dinner (of course).

I'll leave you guys with this great song from Explosions in the sky...and have a nice weekend!

4 comments:

  1. what a great song you have shared with all that you have shared, beautiful words.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Nava, nice of you to stop by :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing that good information. Also very nice song. I our country i think 40% sucides are done by men and rest by women.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What's interesting is the fact that world-wide women commit suicide less than men. However, their chance of depression and mental illness is higher than in men.Of course, this is just world-wide, things are different when we analyze countries and communities. Thanks for your comment Sarang

    ReplyDelete